The Security Settlements team sits within the Corporate Investment Bank business The team is responsible for monitoring all EMEA trade settlement across over 30 markets supporting the CIB business globally for the Cash, EDG, Prime Services and Securitised Derivative businesses for Equities plus Credit and Rates for Fixed Income.
The successful candidate must ensure the timely settlement of equity transactions, predominantly on the UK and European markets across the multiple business streams.
Departmental Duties :
Securities trade settlement for all EMEA Markets (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
To provide support and information regarding trade queries to the Middle Offices and their trading personnel.
To liaise with Custodians and external clients as primary contact to resolve settlement issues.
Some asset servicing and cash management functions
Pre-matching and settlement of equity trades ( including Priority client focus )
Escalation and resolution of failing trades
SBL intra day activity
Instruction of bond conversions - both physical and ADRs
Validation of interest claims
Delivery management, cross depot stock movements - identify and instruct
Daily High/Credit Risk reporting.
Resolution of Cash and Stock breaks working closely with Reconciliations team
Responsibility for efficiency initiatives
Key Skills Required
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrate a strong Control and Risk awareness to identify, escalate, control and mitigate
· Self motivated
· Good communication skills
· Proactive team player
· Good time management
· Analytical skills
· Financial services experience with an interest in securities and investments
· Ability to work under pressure due to cut-off times and volumes
· Initiative, root cause analysis and problem solving skills
· Initiative to deal effectively with unfamiliar situations
Experience (nice to have but not essential)
· Experience in dealing with physical issuance/deposit of UK into and out of Crest
· Understanding of UK, European and US markets
· Securities Knowledge, preferably settlements experience
· Technical knowledge of securities transaction processing
Financial IAQ/part or similar would be beneficial but not essential