CIB - Markets Execution - UX Researcher
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
Who we are
The Markets Execution team (led by David Hudson ) is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, electronic platforms, potential partnerships and build digital products, that could transform the way we, and our clients, do business. Our team consists of product managers, designers, technologists and business representatives/SMEs. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, thoughtful digital solutions for our clients.
The position: Interaction Designers
The Researcher brings a highly skilled, human-centric component to the UX team, leading a range of activities such as discovering user needs, developing innovative service ideas, collaborating across teams and stakeholder groups, and testing design concepts before bringing them to market.
Your days will be spent embarking on research projects, learning about user behaviour, and working side by side with designers, technologists, and product managers, to create a shared vision for the future of the JPM Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB).
· Design User Research proposals with clear hypothesis, scope, audience and methodology
· Conduct contextual user interviews, synthesising insights, delivering Insight Reports through contexts most likely to inform decision making
· Propose and implement a quantitative research methodology which harnesses existing data relating to user behaviour, reports this in a manner able to drive prioritisation of work and created a continuous feedback loop that seeks to refine the quality of data sourced.
· Lead the introduction of a new usability evaluation service for SCRUM teams and Product Managers to iteratively test solutions, in a timely manner, using methods ranging from Guerrilla testing to more formal Lab based-studies
· Work in partnership with Technologists, Designers, and Product Managers to evaluate experience design concepts from early sketches to fully functional prototypes
· Conduct desk research to identify trends in user behaviour within the finance sector and across a range of other sectors and find creative approaches to feed insights back into the CIB
· Manage User Research requests from across the organisation, proactively proposing mechanisms by which demands can be met
· Contribute to a set of shared artefacts such as Persona’s, Journey Maps, Metrics, and Research processes, which serve the wider team.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no-illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one-another.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors / Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, or similarly relevant field (Master’s/ Doctorate preferred)
· Experience running UI/UX or user studies measuring both qualitative and quantitative data
· Ability to quickly build strong relationships and manage strong ongoing communications with individuals who are willing to participate in an ongoing research programme.
· Experience of proposing and applying experience metrics in enterprise organisations, and establishing methods by which to gather and report back on insights against agreed metrics.
· Energetic and responsive personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong awareness of both Service Design and User Experience Design and able to plan research studies that can gather insights appropriate to each.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment
· Working knowledge of organisational culture and design
· Proficiency in statistical analysis
· Enthusiasm in utilising a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
Closing date : November 12, 2018