CIB - Global Research - Index Research and Modeling - Analyst / Associate
Description of the role
J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research Group is expanding and is seeking to hire additional index product specialists, modelers, quantitative thinkers, problem solvers and index analysts across various levels (Analysts-to-EDs). We are looking for candidates interested in being part of our exciting new growth phase in Fixed Income Index Products. As the broader Index industry goes through substantial change, we are working to make J.P. Morgan the number one provider of these products and a first call for clients. Individuals with prior experience in the Index space preferably with a track record in fixed income index modeling, index management, analytical reasoning, and regularly delivering under tight deadlines are encouraged to apply. You will be part of a new business growth initiative with opportunities to: cultivate expertise in fixed income asset class; sharpen modeling skills; develop product management expertise; and contribute to market leading index creation and development.
This front-office role involves a firm understanding of bond analytics and index construction, as well as liaising with various internal teams.We are a dynamic, diverse team of professionals with a fantastic entrepreneurial culture, where opportunities include: being a part of new business initiatives; developing expertise in index management; creating and discussing models; interacting with stakeholders/clients (internal and external) on models, analytics, and index management. The role requires the individual to demonstrate a clear blend of skills from quantitative, analytical and programming to communication, problem solving, and teamwork. These skills must be blended together with a high level of attention to detail to ensure precise, accurate and timely delivery.This role demands a firm understanding of fixed income analytics, bond math and index construction, as well as liaising with various internal teams. Experience with portfolio construction or fixed income strategy type roles is a plus.
Global Index Research Group profile
J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research is a central hub for fixed income indices within the Corporate and Investment bank, and is part of the Global Research organization. The group is a leading provider of indices across fixed income with a market leading presence in Emerging Market (EM) and Developed Market (DM) Indices, accounting for over 95% of the market with over $800 billion in assets tracking the various EM index products. The Global Index Research analysts are viewed as thought leaders in the Indexing lifecycle (from idea generation to launch) and liaise with clients in all stages of their investment cycle.
Overall, the index group is responsible for creating, managing and marketing J.P. Morgan proprietary indices and commercialization of research data for beta-access products (ETFs, structured products etc.). The group is also involved in collaborative research efforts with other J.P. Morgan research groups in producing thematic publications and marketing efforts around the underlying asset class (Emerging Markets, Global treasury markets, Corporates etc.). Our clients are some of the world’s largest asset managers, insurance and pension firms as well as sovereign wealth funds. The team has presence globally in New York, London and Mumbai.
Responsibilities of the candidate:
Index Research and Modeling :
· This role would also involve modeling, coding, analyzing and implementing the index strategy .
· Feasibility studies and scenario analysis to study the viability of new products (such as Smart Beta) and tail risk scenarios.
· The team manages thousands of indices that cover global markets primarily in the fixed income space. Although the day-to-day operations are managed by a separate operations group (Calculation agent), this role requires oversight and involvement in operational aspect in order to maintain product integrity.
· This role requires deep understanding of the product (rules, bonds, market structure, macroeconomics etc.) and oversight of the product to maintain product dependability and applicability.
· The candidate would work with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes.
· Harnessing the potential of our proprietary data assets to deliver innovative content and differentiating analyses
· Building strong relationships with clients and our partners in Research, QR, Data Science, and Technology
· Core part of index management responsibility is ensuring that all processes are efficient and aligned with technical framework.
· Managing multiple high profile deliveries simultaneously through effective project management
· Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field.
· Quantitative or technology related work experience in financial services is a plus. Prior index experience a plus.
· In depth understanding of fixed income concepts, bond math, financial products, analytics, and an awareness of market events.
· Knowledge and experience in statistical modeling, time series, stochastic calculus, probability theory and numerical methods.
· Strong quantitative problem solving skills and experience with application of numerical techniques to modelling. Excellent quantitative programming skills in R or Python (a plus). Experience with Monte-Carlo, Quantitative finance Experience implementing, integrating and deploying financial models end-to-end
· Superb organizational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to think locally & execute globally
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”