CIB – Global Rates – Rates Trader, Sterling Trading Desk – Analyst / Associate
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Sterling Trading desk provides liquidity to clients across GBP Interest Rate products including, interest rate swaps, overnight swaps, FX Forwards, cross currency swaps, Gilts and inflation bonds and derivatives, and the associated risk management responsibilities that this activity creates.
Analyst / Associate level role with key responsibilities:
· Working alongside experienced GBP traders to make markets and manage risk across the Sterling franchise
· Developing a strong analytical understanding of securities and interest rate pricing.
· Working closely with Sales to meet client needs.
· Working with operations, technology and finance teams to progress the business whilst being mindful of the control agenda.
· Bachelor’s degree minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent
· Interest Rates trading experience and active interest in markets and macro trends
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to react quickly to changing market environments
· Strong approach to control environment
· Ability to work under pressure
· Good Excel skills
· Works well within a team
· Providing trade prices to clients across GBP interest rate products
· Reconciliation of Risk and PnL run by the trading desk, and running in depth analysis where required – ie understanding charges, reducing costs, identifying inconsistencies.
· Working with other departments within the Investment bank to resolve problems
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date 19 June, 2018