The Firm’s Securities Prime Brokerage and Financing business (the “business”) is part of the Corporate and Investment Bank’s Investor Services business. The business offers flexible financing to clients in either physical form or through synthetic products and with its ability to borrow and lend securities (stock loan) also allows clients to create short exposure. JP Morgan offers a flexible global solution to its clients. The business offers a range of products to its clients including; clearance and settlement of securities (both equity and fixed income), margin financing and securities lending.
The EMEA Securities Prime Brokerage and Financing Product Control Team (the “team”), within the Global Investor Services Product Control team of IB Finance & Business Management, is primarily responsible for the independent production, review and approval of the daily P&L ensuring the accuracy and completeness of business revenues. Other responsibilities include supporting the business on the wider financial aspects of their activities such as balance sheet and capital, advising on accounting, regulatory and booking issues, participation in the new business approval process and overall signoff of the business unit financial statements including regulatory returns.
The successful candidate will join an established team of 11 reporting to EMEA team lead.
· Overseeing the daily T+1 P&L reconciliation and substantiation.
· Ensuring the daily P&Ls and attributions prepared by the team are in compliance with the P&L and Risk minimum standards.
· Working with Front Office to understand key P&L drivers and market movements to aid meaningful revenue commentary on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Owning and supporting the month end financial close for the respective desks.
· Regular interaction with FO, Ops, Reg, LEC, Tech and regional counterpart.
· Reviewing current processes, identifying control weaknesses and delivering solutions to enhance the current control environment, as well as the effectiveness of the processes performed.
· Owning process improvements and projects working with various stakeholder groups to improve the control environment and aid delivery of departmental objectives (e.g. Adjustments, looking at root cause and working with RAD for systemic enhancements).
· Owning and supporting other daily/ weekly and monthly BAUs.
· Participate in various forums (PC team meetings, FO weekly revenue review etc.)
· Understanding of risk, Var for all stripes and sensitivities within Securities PB & financing.
The essential skills required for this position are:
· Effective team player, self starter and quick learner
· Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task with flexible working style
· Demonstrate interest in Finance required
· Accounting / numeracy based degree
· Experience in Risk and Finance
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date: 24 April 2018