F&BM (Finance and Business Management) Commodity EMEA Product Control Projects – Product Controller – Associate - Based in London
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
This role is to work in the Commodities Product Control Projects team. The Global Commodities Product Control team consists of ED’s, VP’s, Associates and Analysts supporting trading operations of Bullion, Base Metals, Gas, Oil, Agricultural Products and Commodities Investor Products. They are mainly a derivative commodity business with the exception of Bullion and Base Metals. There are also Commodities Product Control teams based in Singapore and New York.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of a daily and month end P&L control and market risk reporting role. This is essential as the successful candidate will be required to influence and interact with controllers across the globe who are doing this role. They must have strong organisational and communication skills, managing multiple projects at one time. Communication skills are particularly essential as the candidate will to co-ordinate relationships with Finance, Technology and Operations.
· Understand and contribute to the multiple projects that are ongoing in Commodities Product control including:
· Risk Central P&L and Risk Day 2 items
· FRTB implementation
· Collate and report monthly MIS for Global Commodities Product Control which is reviewed by the global head of Markets Product Control
· This involves understanding daily processes and control standards in detail
· Continually challenging the business’ Target Operating Model
· Drive standardisation of process, application and data source.
· Implement improvements to the system infrastructure & control environment
· New Business proposals (NBIA)
· Deliver support for new products and initiatives
· Managing a 3 rd year FADP graduate
· Associate with approx 3 years relevant experience within an Investment Bank.
· Projects experience and Commodities knowledge would be advantageous.
· Experience in managing a team member.
· A flexible proactive approach, ability to adapt to business change.
· Strong derivatives knowledge.
· Demonstrates very good Excel skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Pro-activity in identifying control gaps, defining resolution and taking to closure.
· Ability to communicate effectively across the organisation, both orally and in writing.
· Team-orientated and motivated self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude.
· Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”