CIB CPG Controllers
Role Based in London
Associate – CPG Risk Product Controller
Controllers within the CIB Finance & Business Management organization are responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle, performing critical reporting functions for the organization including financial and regulatory, product valuation, improving ongoing processes and ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
Credit Portfolio Group (CPG) is mandated to actively manage the Investment Bank’s retained credit exposures resulting from traditional lending and derivatives activities. Specifically, CPG is responsible for developing and executing strategies with the primary goals of reducing credit risk concentration and losses from credit events, as well as aiming to increase the capacity for future business. A major component of these responsibilities is to manage the credit and associated market risk of derivative counterparty exposures. This entails risk position analysis for a number of separate markets, and executing a coherent strategy across them.
The successful candidate in CIB CPG Risk Controller team will have product control responsibilities for Market, Credit, Funding risks within the portfolio and the impact they have on CVA & FVA. They will ultimately be looked at as a subject matter expert for the business and will be responsible for:
· Review of daily/weekly CVA & FVA Market Sensitivities and validation with the desk
· Daily review of Credit and Funding Risk.
· Daily risk review of both CVA & FVA and the hedges risk moves.
· Resolving issues to ensure accuracy of Risk Reports signed off by traders.
· Own follow up with technology and QR to resolve issues with CVA and FVA risk
· Investigation of residual driven by market parameters
· Involvement in the agenda in streamlining the straight through processing of risk into the risk aggregator
· Proactively identifying opportunities to improve the risk reporting and the overall control environment.
· Interaction with CPG Market Risk and P&L Team
· Interest in Finance
· Diligent with high attention to detail.
· Technical, analytical and quantitative aptitude.
· Ability to build and influence partnerships with the desk, technology and QR
· Team player who is able to ensure risk implications are understood with broader PC team
· Demonstrated track record of process improvement and improving controls in previous roles.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.