JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United
States and serves many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co.is available on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity provider in global FX markets offering competitive pricing across 300 currency pairs in cash and derivative products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services - from plain vanilla to exotic options; from major currencies to emerging markets. The Global FXO trading team focuses on providing execution and advisory services to the global client franchise. The team works closely with sales teams covering institutional and corporate accounts as well as other trading and sales entities within the firm.
The FX Option Trader will work as part of the FX Option Trading team in London with primary focus on assisting with trading the Yen currency bloc. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The individual will be responsible for supporting the desk and learning the skills of market-making FX options, with a view to becoming a highly skilled trader capable of managing a large options portfolio.
The role focuses on market-making of Yen FX options for a broad range of investors (money managers, banks, insurance companies, pension funds and corporates). The position demands strong communication skills and adept negotiation in order to transact in an effective way.
The work environment is fast-paced and challenging, so the ability to think and react quickly under pressure is essential.
· Supporting the Jpy currency block trader and the FX Options trading desk in general
· Learning to make markets in both vanilla and exotic Options.
· Becoming familiar with the effective strategic risk management of client flows and orders.
· A strong client focus and excellent relationship management.
· Working in close collaboration with the FX Options technology and Quantitative Research groups in order to help grow our electronic capabilities.
· Assist with mentoring and development of interns.
· Be able to quickly assimilate the main operations and skills required to fulfil a market-making role.
· The ability to assess and understand risk around trading positions and market events.
· Someone who thrives on the challenge of competitive pressures and is able to remain focused on client needs.
· Maturity and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced and open environment.
· Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Strong level of technological and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels.
· High level of competency in Microsoft Office Packages.
· A detailed knowledge of the current world economic and political outlook.
· Some understanding of the foreign exchange market
•Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor degree or equivalent, quantitative subjects preferred.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer