The Market Data Services organization at JPMorgan is a global team responsible for the design, deployment and support of the technology infrastructure that provides for the consumption of information at JPMorgan that comes from external and internal sources, as well as contributing information to outside the company. Supporting all lines of business of the Firm, we manage information deliver that is critical to the markets and our infrastructure is critical to how we win business every day.
To support the industry leader, Market Data Services has assembled a multi-generational global team of engineers to build industry-leading innovative platforms that can support the scale of our organization. Our team’s unique mix of skill sets include software and infrastructure engineering, DevOps, content consulting, vendor management, network engineering, etc. As such, we are uniquely positioned to offer intellectual challenges to the engineers whose responsibility it is to ensure we remain at the top of the highly competitive landscape.
Market Data Services is looking for a software engineer to work as part of the Global Engineering team. This individual will develop and support a number of home grown and open source solutions designed to support the needs of the consumers throughout the Bank, as well as further the state of the art by contributing to Open Source projects.
Individual capabilities and responsibilities will include:
· Working within a team construct to vet and implement critical solutions
· Capable of find a balance between best of breed and cost effective solutions
· Act as a positive team player that is capable of accepting different intellectual points of view
· Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to analyze and articulate problems and provide input into solutions
· Able to defend proposed solutions and take on constructive feedback
· Provide 3rd level support to operational roles
· A respect for strong process and control management disciplines
· Agility - be ready to quickly refine good ideas and sacrifice bad ones without taking offence
· Be focused on a goal, not the specifics of the code you author
JP Morgan is one of the major organizations behind an Open Source project named OpenMAMA (http://www.openmama.org/ ) . This initiative gives us a vendor-neutral API for many of our critical applications that rely on inter-application messaging and information flows. As our use of this technology expands, so is the team supporting its development and maintenance at the Firm. We are presently seeking experienced software engineers with passion for open source development and interest in building real-time streaming data management systems that can scale to Enterprise levels.
· Intermediate- or expert-level programming experience in C++
· Network Protocols including TCP and Multicast protocols
· Linux RH6.5 and greater
· Scripting including csh, sh, perl, python
· Knowledge of OpenMAMA a strong plus.
· Working knowledge of Java a plus
· Knowledgeable in Market Data or messaging products (i.e. TREP, Vela, RedLine, Bloomberg BPIPE, Solace, AMPS, etc.) are a strong plus.
· Basic understanding of entitlement systems (DACS, DART, etc.) a strong plus.
· Understanding of capital markets' microstructure a strong plus.
· Experience overseeing technical delivery by vendors a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran