As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a member of our Everest Engineering Group you will be in the center of implementing the services underpinning Corporate Technologies Data Strategy. The team will deliver highly resilient, fault tolerant, horizontally scalable services like:
· Data Ingestion
· Data Registration
· Data Provisioning
· Data Transformation
· Resource Management
These services are delivered in an agile way in partnership with the Tower AD teams. The code base is internal Open Source so that all developers can contribute to the code base. All software is delivered in a test driven manner.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Working proficiency in developmental toolsets like Eclipse, IntelliJ,
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, Python or Scala.
· Financial application development/consulting experience.
· Solid experience in Core Java and Micro Services design and development
· Some hands on Hadoop development specifically in one or more of the following areas:
§ Kafka Real time messaging
§ HBase modelling and development
§ Spark processing and performance tuning
§ Sqoop data ingestions
§ Parquet file partitioning
· Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
· Solid experience utilizing Source code control software (e.g. GIT, Subversion)
· Multi-threaded Programming
· RDBMS experience preferably with Oracle including stored procedures
· Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
· FindBugs, Sonar, JUNIT, Performance, Memory Management
· Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
· Experience with Cloud native application development, Cloud deployment, and Cloud application refactoring
· Continuous Integration/Development
UNIX shell scripting
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.