Asset & Wealth Management, Wealth Management, Endowments & Foundations Group (EFG) Investor Analyst
This entry-level position (geared to individuals with little or no fulltime work experience) is part of The Asset Management Analyst Program and is applicable to individuals who have recently earned a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited school. Though most hires into the Program are recruited through our formal campus recruitment efforts, we sometimes conduct supplemental recruitment of candidates with a similar level of experience and academic achievement as our campus hires. Experienced professionals should apply to positions outside of this Program.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion, $164.7 billion in stockholders' equity and operations in more than 60 countries. Our clients include millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporations, institutions, and governments. Our Asset Management franchise, which includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. For more than 160 years, J.P. Morgan Private Banking has helped the world's wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions.
We deliver highly customised and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
Full-time Analyst Program:
You will be part of a three-year analyst programme designed to provide exposure to multiple business areas within the Private Bank through training, development, and networking. At the end of the three-year programme, top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to make associate by participating in an assessment centre. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
The J.P. Morgan Endowments & Foundations Group ("EFG") is a dedicated team of investment specialists leveraging the firm's global resources to provide customized solutions and advice for endowments, private foundations, and not-for-profits on their investment needs. EFG offers clients a broad spectrum of investment-related services that can be applied together or individually to accommodate an organization's existing capabilities. Areas of specialization include: Customized asset allocation; Portfolio construction advice and execution; Manager Selection and due diligence; and Liquidity management and Investment Policy Statement guidelines and assistance.
The job opening is for an analyst located in London, and the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the role. Responsibilities include:
· Help devise customized investment strategies for existing or prospective clients
· Become an expert in a range of proprietary models and ensure accounts are aligned to our model portfolios
· Conduct research and analysis
· Process management for required documentation including account opening, regulatory documents, etc
· Assist with trade execution across asset classes
· Create investment proposals and investment performance reviews for clients and prospects
· As you progress in your role, you will assume significant responsibility by interacting frequently with our solutions teams and working directly with clients
We seek candidates with strong analytical skills who can use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyse complex financial situations. Specific qualifications include:
· A minimum bachelors undergraduate degree of 2:1 (or equivalent)
· Experience using Microsoft office programs including excel, power point and Adobe PDF
· Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills and poise giving presentations
· Demonstrated aptitude for sales and client relationship management
· Genuine interest in financial markets, investments and macro-level economic trends
· The ability to be a dynamic member of a team
· Strong initiative, energy and confidence completing projects with limited supervision
· Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organisational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. This role would suit someone who is looking for an entry level position or has some experience in the financial markets.
Fluency in English is mandatory; an additional European language would also be desirable but not essential.