J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Newly formed Special Situations team within the Alternatives Division of JPMorgan Asset Management. The business was recently started with the view to form a global Private and Opportunistic Credit business focusing on Event Driven, Stressed, Special Situations and Distressed Debt credit opportunities. The business is looking to raise and invest external investor funds across the credit spectrum.
The opportunity is to join the situational research team as a desk analyst jointly reporting to the Co-CIO’s of the business.
The business is seeking a European based (London) analyst with language skills (native level) in at least one of French, German, Spanish with experience in financial valuation and / or credit analysis. Whilst flexible, the business is looking to recruit at the associate to VP level.
The candidate must have a strong work ethic, and be a self-starter who is able to work independently and is also comfortable being part of a larger team. The candidate will work with all members of the team both in London and NY (CIOs, other analysts, COO/middle office team) to collaborate on a finished product to drive risk decisions, source investing ideas as well as analysis required for the initial formation and fund raising of the business.
· Review a wide variety of credits (performing and distressed) to produce commentary and analysis to identify profitable trading opportunities and prevent losses
· Once assigned a credit, the analyst will be expected to maintain financial reporting models (as new numbers are released) and become familiar with each credit’s governing Credit Agreement, Bond Indentures and contractual obligations in order to analyze financial performance and identify investment opportunities. In addition, the analyst will manage inventory positions for all proposed changes to credits including amendments, waivers and repricing
· To the extent the position is private, the analyst will be responsible for keeping track of maintaining the appropriate database of documents to ensure the team has proper information available including:
o One pager library
o Legal and Company reporting database
· The analyst will work alongside the team to project future financial performance, industry trends and determine an appropriate valuation for each credit
· Preparation of other ad hoc support materials/presentations to the business
· The analyst is expected to build a strong network among a wide range of market counterparts including legal, financial and restructuring advisors, banks and companies
· Valuation and credit analysis training, including strong knowledge of all Excel, PowerPoint
· Mature personality to enable various direct company and investor interaction
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· The business is seeking an analyst with language skills (native level) in at least one of French, German, Spanish
· Experience in financial valuation and / or credit analysis.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.