GIM Multi-Asset Solutions
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Research Team
The Global Research Team of Multi-Asset Solutions (MAS) works in collaboration with the portfolio managers to produce robust quantitative portfolio analysis and ongoing product related research. This includes the management of global tactical asset allocation strategies, glide path strategies and risk management strategies. Research efforts focus primarily on three aspects of MAS’s investment process: strategic allocation, active asset allocation, and portfolio construction.
· Strategic Allocation Research – Team members are responsible for research into the development of strategic asset allocations suitable for a broad range of clients and objectives. This may include dynamics and trade-offs of conflicting client objectives, and behavioral research on client’s cash flow and risk preference leveraging “big data”. In addition to helping form the long term return and volatility forecast for JPMorgan Asset Management’s Long Term Capital Market Assumptions Committee, members are also responsible for analyzing the impact of these forecasts with portfolio managers.
· Asset Allocation Research – The asset allocation decisions (GTAA – Global Tactical Asset Allocation) within MAS are driven by a combination of proprietary quantitative modeling and qualitative strategy insights across widely diversified asset classes with a rigorous risk budgeting process and optimization tools. The team also develops and manages Risk Managed strategies.
Portfolio Construction Research – Researchers assist in product strategy development and design of new multi-asset solutions utilizing risk controlled frameworks. Team members are responsible for portfolio construction and active risk budgeting tools and research, which are integrated in MAS portfolios. They work with portfolio managers to integrate and execute strategic and tactical asset allocation decisions across portfolios, focusing on the most efficient methods and instruments for implementation.
Solutions Research Position
· As a Quantitative Researcher, you will have the opportunity to join the MAS Global Research Team, focusing on broadening our existing research capabilities. Researchers are expected to conduct and present quantitative research projects to help advance our investment process and develop portfolios that can achieve a broad range of client objectives.
· Quantitative researchers work on a variety of projects, including
· Development and management of our propriety suite of GTAA models (asset allocation models). This includes research on tactical allocation of traditional asset classes, factor investing, portfolio construction techniques and optimization models
· Portfolio construction and strategic asset allocation analysis for custom portfolios
· Research on risk managed investment process, involving volatility, option pricing models and portfolio construction with specific volatility or drawdown guidelines
· Research long-term asset allocation strategies through Monte Carlo simulations and historical stress-tests, with a focus on risk characteristics
· Explore machine learning and analysis of big data sets to enhance our behavioral research process
· Work in partnership with our technology team to productionize quantitative models and tools to our IT platform. Work with model governance groups for ongoing model maintenance and monitoring.
The candidate should be experienced in programming with an expectation that the models and tools developed will be coded and migrated to IT platforms upon completion. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with concept and techniques such as Black-Litterman, optimizations, and simulations.
· 3-6 years of work experience in the financial markets, preferably with exposure to multi-asset portfolios.
· A master’s or PhD degree in financial engineering, operational research or mathematics/computer science specifically with coursework in optimizations, asset pricing, computational finance/numerical methods, macroeconomics or econometrics, and stochastic modeling and scenario analysis
· Strong technical and programming skills, specifically in Matlab, SQL and familiarity with financial datasets across different asset classes
· Clear and effective communication skills (both verbal and written), especially for presenting complex quantitative research.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across six business segments including Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury & Securities Services, Asset & Wealth Management, Retail Financial Services and Card Services.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.