Asset Management - Oversight Analyst (Associate) - London
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of Dec. 31, 2015)
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf. The Asset Management business is also guided by its strategic objective and business priorities.
The Asset Management business has outsourced their Middle Office functions. This is a significant outsourced relationship spanning across multiple global locations. The services outsourced include corporate actions, settlements, reconciliations, income, accounting and client reporting, covering equity, fixed income, currency and alternative investments.
The Oversight Analyst is responsible for overseeing the delivery of our Outsource provider and managing the relationship with them on a day to day basis. They are also responsible for the oversight of key control functions in conjunction with the Oversight Team Leader.
Service Delivery provides a point of escalation for service related issues in general raised either by the Outsource Provider or for internal Asset Management teams in regards to outsourced activities.
The role entails acting as a facilitator to expedite the conclusion of issues and focusing on controls in place within the Oversight team to ensure that all risks are mitigated.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Monitor the Outsource Provider's performance against agreed KPI's ensure escalation of any performance issues or error trends. Putting plans in place to remediate service issues.
• Validating monthly service packs and attending/chairing Service meetings.
• Drive the resolution of issues to conclusion in a timely manner
• Understand the risk to the business of issues and errors and ensure root cause analysis and action plans are understood and appropriate.
• Verifying the monthly bill and calculating monthly Accruals
• Ensuring issues raised as part of month end checks are resolved in a timely manner
• Periodic review and updates to the Service Level Agreement
• Assist with the resolution of escalated market claims, including facilitating negotiations with internal and external parties
• Ensure Procedures are kept up to date
• Liaison with other internal & external vendors were appropriate
• Coordinate user set ups on JPM applications
• Support and cover for the wider team when colleagues are on holiday or during period of extensive volume
• Monitor impacts to the Front Office and assist in trend analysis and prevention procedures.
• Record error forms from the TPA and P & L payments and ensure these are closed out efficiently.
• Assist with Oversight queries, providing prompt resolution and recording trends.
• Produce and distribute overdraft reporting to Asset Management recipients. Investigate and follow up on root cause.
• Previous Client Service experience is a bonus
• Previous Investment Operational/Asset Management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
• Results focused and strong emphasis on delivery quality
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate & influence as well as build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
• Calm and flexible under pressure
• PC Skills – Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Please note there may be a requirement to work bank holidays on a rota basis
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.