As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
You will be part of Nostrodamus AD team supporting and developing Cash management applications that are used to manage accounts from cash perspective – mainly to flatten balances in order to maximise cash for the firm – minimising credit risk exposure and reducing loss of opportunity charges & agent interest charges for the business.
Cash management covers cash funding for 47 legal entities globally covering 63 currencies, managing approximately 700 Primary accounts (Corporate Treasury managed Nostro accounts, used by multiple LOB’s to settle free cash and approximately 1,800 Secondary Accounts (LOB-owned Nostro accounts used to settle Security Trades and associated Income and Corporate Action Events. Prediction information is systemically fed by LOBs (Investment Bank, WSS, Treasury Services etc). Accuracy and timeliness of this information directly impacts costs and EOD Balances.
The role will require proficiency in all aspects of software development, including:
· Reviewing and elaborating stakeholder requirements
· Designing solutions in a collaborative manner, and in line with defined principles
· Implement solutions with an equal focus on both functional and non-functional requirements
· Delivery of automated functional tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks, such as FitNesse, Cucumber and Selenium
· Understand operational processes in order to provide solutions which improve operational efficiency
· Participate in an on-call rota to provide 24/7 third line production support for resolving critical application failures
· Excellent Core Java knowledge and experience
· Understanding of Java best practices, Clean Code and Refactoring
· Excellent Java Web Application Development (Angular JS, JSF/Primefaces, Adobe Flex knowledge a bonus)
· Test Driven Development knowledge and understanding
· Good understanding of Agile / Scrum methodologies and team Continuous Integration
· Good Spring/JPA/Hibernate knowledge
· Good understanding of SQL (preferably Oracle and PL/SQL)
· Good UNIX shell scripting
· Good understanding of implementing end user applications, data feeds, and aggregation services.
· Good understanding of implementing 3-tier architectures
· Good understanding of development tools
Desirable Technical Skills:
· Automation Test Tool knowledge and experience (including but not limited to FitNesse, Cucumber, Selenium)
· XML libraries, Perl
· Oracle 11g administration
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.