This team looks after the topaz application for the Interest Rate Derivatives trading desks under CIB. The team works with these businesses, interface directly with the traders, middle office, market risk and QR groups to gather requirements and build robust solutions.
This new hire will work on the following application:
· A global Intra-day risk management application primarily for the Interest Rate Derivatives business. Current deployments include Swaps, Flow Options, DCU, GEM and CPG trading desks. It’s the presentation layer to the trading desk for real time risk management. The core business functions which the application performs are: Start of Day risk reconciliation between predict and actual, with the ability to run from predict Intraday risk and real time P&L estimate, Trade Entry for spot starting benchmark derivatives and cash products, Fully customizable interface for tailor made trade blotters, risk and P&L views, Scalable service based pricing interface, Connectivity of electronically executed hedge products (bonds, futures) for automated trade flows and order aggregation, Interface and business logic for Swaps trade flow via internal workflow management system for reading and writing to Marketwire, End of Day risk and P&L estimate, from portfolio market move and intraday activity revaluation fed to PnL management system for estimate versus actual comparison. The application architecture is 3 tiered, running a java client, java server on Linux and Sybase data store. Sybase database is used as storage of trade details.
· Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget;
· Make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, industry standards and good practice;
· Participate in global code review, testing, QA, release and training of new implementations;
· Rotate with team members on Level 3 support in early morning.
· Communicate with users (both FO and MO), QR, Market Risk and peer Technology / Operate teams as needed
· Good understanding on pricing and risk management on fixed income products and related business processes
· Knowledge of relational database (preferably Sybase)
· Capability to build and maintain strong working relationships with demanding sponsors and stakeholders
· Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
· Control oriented
· Familiar with SDLC process
Desired / Preferred:
• Bachelor’s (or PhD/Master’s) in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field desirable
· Experience developing commercial software with User Interface (UI), during which time they will have gained experience of Object Oriented software practices
· Experience of working in a large global development team, using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages
· Trading floor work experience
· Knowledge of version control practices and procedures
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.