ISEAL is recruiting for a motivated individual who is interested in sustainability to join our team for a six-month internship supporting the delivery of our event activities during that period.
Application deadline: 18 November 2016
Location: London, UK
Duration: January –June/July 2017
Wage: London living wage: £9.40/hour in 2016. See Internship Programme document for further details
Travel: Approximately one-week travel to Indonesia (tbc) in April and Zurich Switzerland in late June (all expenses covered)
To apply: Send an email with your CV and statement
ISEAL is the global association for sustainability standards, whose membership includes organisations such as Fairtrade International, Forest Stewardship Council and Rainforest Alliance.
ISEAL organises two important annual events each year: an international Symposium as well as a multi-day international conference both of which are premier events for the sustainability standards and certification movement, and a gathering point for all of the members and organisations in our network. In 2017 the Symposium will likely be held in Indonesia and will focus on emerging economies with input from local and regional government agencies and international NGOs. The conference will take place in Zürich, Switzerland. As the two main events in ISEAL’s calendar, each with many sessions, speakers and meetings covering a variety of exciting topics, there is a great deal of planning and preparation required for both events. This is an excellent opportunity for any intern aspiring for a career in the sustainability sector to build his or her skills and experience in event planning and coordination as well as in working in a busy not for profit environment.
We are looking for someone who is versatile and organised, with good people and communication skills. The right person is self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and activities to support. The opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to gain valuable experience in how a not-for-profit organisation operates and have exposure to a very active and quickly evolving area of sustainability.
You will play an active role on our Events team, helping to organise logistics and registrations and make preparations for the conference, as well as assisting in the execution of the event. You support the sourcing of catering and any other services at the conference location as well as communicate with attendees, speakers and partners. You will also coordinate with ISEAL´s Communications Team in order to support the production of related materials and web pages.
To maximise your learning, you will be involved in, and receive training, in some of the following areas:
• Processing online registrations and responding to enquiries
• Programme production such as gathering of speaker photos and bios
• Outreach and support to conference speakers and ISEAL members
• Liaising with venue, catering and other service providers
• Logistics and planning for conference sessions
• Website communications and editing
• Drafting of conference materials (online and print)
• Support in implementing conference marketing strategy
• Select tasks related to email campaigns, blogging, multimedia and other communications activities
• Organisation of data and mailing lists
• Determining multimedia support required for sessions
• Strong organisational skills and time management
• Ability to deal with enquiries via e-mail and phone
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
• At ease with IT based systems
• Confidence in completing administrative and logistical tasks
• Creativity and ability to take initiative
• Interest in sustainability issues
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Prior experience in event support desired but not essential
• Prior exposure to region/language in event locations a bonus
Full training will be provided for necessary systems and processes
Interested candidates must be legally allowed to work in the UK.
Interns are not entitled to any employee benefits provided to ISEAL employees.