ICYE UK (Inter-Cultural Youth Exchange UK) is an International Volunteering Charity that both sends volunteers abroad and provides placements for international volunteers in the UK. ICYE UK is currently seeking two interns to support the Hosting and Sending Programmes respectively.
The Hosting Programme Intern assists the Hosting Programme Coordinator in supporting the international volunteers taking part in the programme in the UK and in finding suitable placements for future volunteers. This position would be for 3 days a week for a minimum of 6 months and responsibilities will include:
- Communication with the ICYE international volunteer team in the UK
- Assisting in the preparation and running of training events
- Administrative support to the hosting programme.
The Sending Programme Intern will support the Sending Programme Coordinator in recruiting, preparing and supporting volunteers to take part in our programmes. This position would be for 2 or 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting volunteers in their fundraising activities
- Preparing for and attending recruitment events such as university fairs and information days
- Research and prepare documents for volunteers pre-departure support and training
These positions would suit individuals who are looking to gain experience in the International Volunteering Sector. Candidates do not need a lot of experience; just enthusiasm, the ability to work on their own initiative and an interest in working with people from a wide range of different cultures. Admin skills would also be desirable. Travel costs within London and lunch costs can be reimbursed.
Please state clearly whether you are interested in the internship supporting the Hosting Programme, the Sending Programme or both roles.
We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible and if we received applications from suitable candidates we may invite them to interview before the application deadline.