Autonomous Driving Design Engineer
The Intel Programmable Solutions Group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates to work intimately with our lead customers to co-develop FPGA based Autonomous Driving systems. As an Autonomous Driving AD Algorithm Engineer, you will be responsible for applying mathematical and design engineering skills to design and develop production quality autonomous driving solutions as part of a system engineering team in the Intel Programmable Solutions Group, located in High Wycombe, 40 mins from central London and Oxford.
The computational demands of Autonomous Driving continue to grow at an extraordinary rate, as the industry moves to the highest level of autonomy. You will work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, in collaboration with the most innovative automotive manufacturers in the world, to accelerate rapidly changing, next generation autonomous driving algorithms through highly optimized embedded FPGA implementations.
Technical development will be varied, including Algorithm implementation, High Level Synthesis, RTL design, FPGA Board Support Package development, full lifecycle development including design, verification, debug, Intel FPGA education, training and support. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to understand complex algorithms eg. video or computer vision, and map them efficiently to FPGA based platforms.Autonomous vehicles are a key element of Intel's strategy over the next decade. Technologies are moving rapidly as are market needs. The right candidate will be excited and energised by these dynamic challenges. You will work within an Agile engineering environment, frequently delivering high quality solutions to customers and communicating with your team on a daily basis to build innovative and creative products. Your opinions and thoughts are valued from day one.The successful candidate will gain immediate visibility of the impact of their work and directly drive business success.
· Hands on design engineering development of Autonomous Driving algorithms targeting FPGA - OpenCL for FPGA programming methodology
· Work in partnership with strategic customers to educate, train and implement production quality Autonomous Driving algorithms on the FPGA
· Develop and deliver embedded vision algorithmic benchmarks and solutions, demonstrating the value of the FPGA
· Drive FPGA and OpenCL compiler features and improvements, to meet customer needs, through close collaboration with the Intel FPGA High Level Design tools team
The Intel office environment offers large personalisable cube spaces with dedicated high specification PCs/laptops, multiple displays, and access to local and global compute farms. On-site you also have access to a subsidised restaurant, cafe with Costa coffee, free hot and cold drinks, free gymnasium with daily classes, weekly badminton, indoor football and trail running activities.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
- M.S in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong FPGA design engineering skills eg. Verilog, VHDL
- An interest in some/all of the following areas: Computer Vision, Video, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Vision
- Excellent self-starter with good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement