Autonomous Driving Algorithm Engineer
The Intel Programmable Solutions Group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates to work intimately with our lead customers to co-develop FPGA based Autonomous Driving systems. As an Autonomous Driving AD Algorithm Engineer, you will be responsible for applying mathematical and software engineering skills to design and develop Autonomous Driving solutions as part of a system engineering team in the Intel Programmable Solutions Group, located in High Wycombe, 40 mins from central London and Oxford.
Not only will you work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, you will also work in collaboration with the most innovative automotive manufacturers to accelerate next generation autonomous driving algorithms through highly optimized embedded FPGA implementations.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to understand complex vision and machine learning algorithms, as well as a fluency in programming languages such as OpenCL to develop and deliver highly accelerated systems. Autonomous vehicles are a key element of Intel's strategy over the next decade. Technologies are moving rapidly as are market needs. The right candidate will be excited and energised by these dynamic challenges. You will work within an Agile engineering environment, frequently delivering high quality solutions to customers and communicating with your team on a daily basis to build innovative and creative products. Your opinions and thoughts are valued from day one.The successful candidate will gain immediate visibility of the impact of their work and directly drive business success.
The Intel office environment offers large personalisable cube spaces with dedicated high specification PCs/laptops, multiple displays, and access to local and global compute farms. On-site you also have access to a subsidised restaurant, cafe with Costa coffee, free hot and cold drinks, free gymnasium with daily classes, weekly badminton, indoor football and trail running activities.
· Hands on OpenCL development of Autonomous Driving algorithms targeting FPGA
· Work in partnership with strategic customers to implement production quality Autonomous Driving algorithms on the FPGA.
· Develop and deliver embedded vision algorithmic benchmarks and solutions, demonstrating the value of the FPGA Work in close collaboration with the Intel FPGA High Level Design tools team to drive new features and improvements
Join our team of innovators at Intel, where you are encouraged to break through boundaries to invent and advance technology. Working at Intel means that you are working with the brightest people in the industry. We create technology that enables our customers to create products that solve problems. You'll find our products in a variety of applications, including communications, networking, cloud computing, storage, industrial, automotive, and defence.
You'll work on exciting and industry leading products that challenge you to do and become your best, while working with a company that cares about our customers, community, and the environment.Come build your career at Altera, now part of Intel. Be a part of a team where you can grow while helping others grow.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
- M.S in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Strong software skills e.g. C/C++
- Technical knowledge and appreciation of hardware concepts
- Skills and experience in FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog/VHDL and related design flows are desirableAn interest in some/all of the following areas: Computer Vision, Video, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Vision, 3D Graphics
- You should be a self-starter with good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
We offer competitive salary package.
Posting dates: 9 August 2017 - 5 September 2017