We need someone with Accounting knowledge, Payroll knowledge, Analytical skill, detail oriented, can work under deadline/pressure with different teams (internal and external) and Microsoft Excel is a must
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Committed to work and requires minimal supervision, take responsibility for the financial accounting of payroll and related employee transactions. Work with an support team members in the processing of GL files, account reconciliation’s, invoicing, query and error resolution. Identify opportunities for continuous improvements in all processes. Track & report relevant metrics. Act as back-up to Payroll Officer covering their payroll processing activities during peak periods and absence Agreements. Follow appropriate accounting, finance and/or Human Resources policies and procedures in assigned function. Identify payroll accounting discrepancies, clear errors, and perform route-cause analysis. Contribute to the continuous improvement of all areas in process scope. Track and report specific Service Level Agreement requirements and metrics.
What we need from you
Functional Complexities and Duties –
· Facilitate payroll processing by ensuring the Human Resources Information Systems is maintained and ensure data integrity and systems availability.
· Ensure databases are set-up, are accurate and maintained. Ensure payments processes and bank relationship and interfaces are maintained and disputes are resolved in a timely manner. Ensure reconciliation accounts and clearing bank reconciliation items are identified and resolved within a cutoff time.
· REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Accounting
3 – 5 years progressive work related experience in Global payroll accounting (US / Europe / APAC etc.) with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
· Demonstrated knowledge of People Soft or other E.R.P. finance system,
· Demonstrated proficiency in accurately populating databases with necessary information in designated time periods.
· Demonstrates clear, concise, and succinct communication skills including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user.
Day To Day
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 0
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
· Responsible to make decisions regarding the prioritization of work and for identifying opportunities for improvement.
What we offer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
· SPECIALITY PROCESSING –
· Process monthly payroll and employee accounting transactions in accordance with Service Level Agreements. These include journal preparation in designated template & upload, General Ledger uploads, report preparation, invoice preparation, intercompany charge processing and monthly reconciliation’s of all relevant balance sheet GL accounts
· Completion of Month closing and year end closing activities as per given timelines.
· Review a variety of documents, listings, summaries, etc. for completeness and accuracy.
· Provide expertise in the investigation, analysis and resolution of all related queries and significant changes in account balances.
· Analyze all journals and data provided by external payroll providers to ensure accuracy. Research and resolve problems taking corrective actions as required and making changes to processes and services to prevent any reoccurrence of systemic issues.
· Liaise with both internal and external customers as well as payroll vendors to obtain accurate and complete financial data.
· Check records against other current sources such as reports or summaries; investigate differences and take required action to insure that records are accurate and up to date.
· Provide input to decisions for future system enhancements and process improvements.
· Take responsibility for the payroll general ledgers, ensuring they are received from the vendor as per the Service Level Agreement and loaded to finance system. Process any variances or cross charges as appropriate.
· As instructed by finance complete any reclass of payroll entries
· Reconciliation of payroll supported by HRSS, and reconciliation of payroll.
· Follow through on invoicing / Intercompany charges to appropriate cost centers
· Support in various kinds of audits (SOX, External, Internal, Vendors etc.)