Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Server, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes.
What we need from you
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the restaurant
· Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
· Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits. Come join our team with over 200 years of experience within our team, you will not regret it.Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.