Do you see yourself as a Reservations Coordinator - BusinessTransient?
What's your passion? Whether you're into scuba diving, chess games or just raising your children, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW: This Reservations position will work closely with the Business Travel Sales Manager to coordinate the reservations and requests for locally negotiated, business travel, transient accounts and small groups as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide quotes for rates, reservations for BT and Consortia, arrange billing/payment, change/adjust existing reservations, upgrade guests, oversell as needed, add relevant reservation notes, and work with other departments to communicate reservation information as specified in contracts.
· Monitor the Reservations general email inbox and office phone. Respond to guest requests and questions in a timely and professional manner.
· Confirm commission payments daily. Investigate any travel agent requests regarding unpaid commissions and send relevant documentation to Accounting for payment processing.
· Run daily reports including: Cancellations, No-Shows, Arrivals, Reservations Made Yesterday, etc.
· Review transient reservations for accuracy. Update notes and alerts to ensure proper departmental notification. Ensure Payment and Routing are properly set up for billing.
· Review and maintain reservations through third parties (Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, etc.) for accuracy. Ensure correct guest count, rate and payment method. Monitor third party extranets/websites for guest questions/comments, update the reservations and respond accordingly. Follow up with third parties regarding any payment or billing concerns.
· Assist Group Reservations as needed with small groups/events: group arrival, prepare group history, billing information, deposits, filing, VIP information, etc.; interact with booking contacts as needed.
· Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions, current facilities, services, hours of operation, etc.
· Monitor and Balance guest room inventory in Property Management and Reservations Systems
· Maintain positive working relationships with clients, respond to guest concerns or complaints.Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 1-2 years’ experience in Sales, Reservations or Front Office. Prior experience in a luxury environment preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Sitting at a desk using a computer for an extended period of time
· Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
· Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reviewing and processing guest reservations or daily reports.
· Basic mathematical abilities are used some of the time.
· Computer skills are required.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans