At Crowne Plaza ® , we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
· Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
· Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
· M ake it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Your day to day
· Oversee cash handling and check/credit policies and procedures.
· Train and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Monitor performance and recommend corrective action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Respond in a prompt and professional manner to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· May routinely greet guests, serve food and beverage, and take reservations and maintain reservations book if applicable.
· Inspect restaurant daily to ensure high quality food and food presentation and cleanliness.
· Conduct pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events. Review daily specials.
· Ensure side work duties are complete and tables are set before, during and after operating hours.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and one year food service experience in a full service restaurant or similar setting. Some college or supervisory experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the outlet(s)
· Handling food objects and products
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with customers and employees
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, scheduling, and giving and receiving instructions.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.