Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Manage the development and successful implementation of training strategies and programs for a major program/content area. Deliver workshops and manage assigned training team. Provide recommendations to Head of Brand & Operations Training on training approaches and strategies, product/service offerings, strategic alliances, training distribution, and brand training needs and standards. Activities include: managing material maintenance and updates, scheduling logistical aspects for assigned programs, providing workshop delivery feedback, accountability for performance management of direct subordinates, and delivery of workshops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
· Responsible for delivery and operational management of training courses in assigned program area (such as Revenue/Systems, Quality/Service, or Centralized Training). Manage scheduling and logistical aspects of all training programs (Frequency and Variety).
· Provide workshop delivery feedback.
· Complete Performance Management responsibilities for assigned Team.
· Assist in Range Of Special Projects As Needed
· Manage within agreed budget and select external consultants as needed. Ensure that all course curricula and educational materials are current and of acceptable quality and delivered on time.
· Establish performance standards and operating procedures.
· Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
· Assess training and certification Rules for Operation according to brand/product line and recommend alternative requirements as necessary.
· Manage the development of training programs/applications, curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials (includes lesson plans, participant materials, job aids, user manuals, etc.) for assigned program area.
· Evaluate designated programs to determine effectiveness, need for enhancements, or elimination of programs; actively pursue alternate training vehicles/methods and interactive training technologies.
· Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classifications changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
What we need from you
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Education, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
· 6-10 years progressive work-related experience in training design and facilitation, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position, as well as 2 years prior supervisory or team leader experience.
· 40% travel throughout the US, Canada and Mexico/Latin America
· Demonstrated experience in managing and developing people including the ability to manage remote staff.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Service/Hospitality industry, hotel operations and systems.
· Problem solving and time management skills
· GTC Master Trainer/Registered Assessor preferred.
· Instructional design skills to effectively develop client focused training programs.
· In-depth knowledge of training design principles and practices.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
· Strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate information to groups in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees and senior management.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Project management and organizational skills.
· HOLIDEX Plus System, HIRO System, Opera PMS System Knowledge
· Understanding of IHG initiatives and priorities, and Revenue Management Principles & Practices
· Understanding of GSTS, MQSA, PIP and of existing Housekeeping and Maintenance programs.
· CENTRA – Delivery and Development
· Number of employees supervised: 6-8
Annual operating and/or payroll budget: Contributes to assigned portion of 13.6 million departmental revenue goals.
Decision making responsibilities:
· Manage the training experience of 2500+ Hotels, making daily decisions concerning training needs, program changes, etc.
· This position collects end user and subject matter expert feedback to design customized training programs and tools identify performance gaps and recommends effective training solutions.
· Recommends effective prioritization and implementation strategies for assigned program area.
· For assigned training program area, determine content direction, delivery methodology, and evaluation mechanics.
Internal Key Relationships
· The Company’s Training leadership team, Senior vice presidents, vice presidents, directors, managers and various staff in Legal, Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources, Brand Performance Support & Quality, Franchise Sales, Reservations/Guest Relations, Planning & Administration, Quality & Design, etc: to exchange and provide information; to design, develop and deploy training programs which are representative of the Company’s brands.
· Collaborate and consult with key clients to identify training needs and performance gaps, which impact individual or group performance levels at hotels.
External Key Relationships
· Franchise owners, principal correspondents, management companies, hotel management, hospitality industry professional, vendors, cross-industry professional associations (e.g. ASTD), and industry organizations, competitors: to provide and/or obtain information and resolve problems/questions, etc.
· Evaluate internal and external training resources/vendors
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans