As part of the InterContinental Hotels Group (one of the leading global hotel companies) we are committed to giving you room to be yourself and develop your career. We look for people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Your day to day
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Assistant you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
Key responsibilities include:
· Carry out scheduled inspections
· Respond to requests from departments throughout the day
· General building maintenance & repairs
· Investigate equipment for faults
What we need from you
· Prior handyperson experience would be useful, but not required – full training will be provided!
· Flexibility - you are required to be available for rotating shifts, including weekends.
· Strong communication skills! You will be building working relationships with people across the hotel team and interacting with guests
· Willingness to learn and ability to work independently with attention to detail
· Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
· A Certified Pool Operator license would be beneficial
· Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
You'll join a team passionate about delivering memorable experiences that make our guests feel special, making InterContinental Wellington a great place to work. You'll have access to hotel discounts worldwide and opportunities to learn new skills through our extensive learning platform.