Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment such as air compressors, generators, motors, turbines, and associated equipment to provide utilities such as light, heat, or power for buildings and industrial processes by performing the following duties.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reads meters, gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions; records data - temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
· Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment; visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions, need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
· Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges; cleaning/replacing burners or other components; oils/lubricates equipment.
· Performs water titration tests and pours chemical additives (i.e., water softener) into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup.
· Knows code/regulations pertaining to engineering related equipment, systems and components to maintain and repair equipment, operation and maintenance of chillers, pumps, AHU, A/C equipment and systems.
· Aware of safe working practice with wire sizes, fuse sizes, piping, and overload protection as well as related instruments, including volt-ohm meter, am probe, hand tools-gas leak detectors, and other small power tools to continue to perform the jobs safely and efficiently.
· Perform preventive maintenance and record keeping on electrical and mechanical systems, sub-systems, and equipment, including disassembling, replacing, cleaning, and repairing.
· Operate, repair, maintain, and trouble-shoot electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with corresponding diagrams, schematics, operation manuals, and manufacturers maintenance instructions, using test equipment used to perform function of position.
· Install new items and upgrade controls of existing equipment.
· Perform operation, maintenance, and repair of:
· Heat exchangers, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water
· Refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves, and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperatures
· Pumps handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines in the system,
· Air compressors, distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control
· All natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including valves and control devices
· Water filters, softener, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution (including sinks. toilet bowls, supply lines and water lines)
· Locks, keys and locksmith related duties.
What we need from you
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
· Analytical - Collects and researches data.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CFC Certificate desired.
What we offer
We offer competitive wages and benefits, including but not limited to, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
As an industry leader, our company offers potential for career development and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.