What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we’re interested in YOU.
The Crowne Plaza White Plains is a well known landmark hotel in the Westchester, White Plains area. Located in the heart of the downtown district, this hotel enjoys an upscale and affluent clientele. The Crowne Plaza White Plains boasts an excellent local reputation and has served as host for many of Westchester’s most prestigious corporate and social clients.
By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our goal of creating great hotels guests love. We currently have a position available for Full Time Banquet Houseperson.
This will be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual who share our passion for taking care of our guests. This professionally trained individual must be dedicated to providing customers with prompt enthusiastic service.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
· Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to Supervisor.
· Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
· May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.).
· Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
· May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
· May pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.)
· Moving about the function areas.
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders and instructions.
· Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide and are available as well as access to wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Mostly importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself
So What’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans