Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
Right now, we’re looking for a Room Attendant – to make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in or get a bit of last minute work done. We’ll need a little flexibility with your time so we can serve our guests the best we can.
What we need from you
You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
· Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
· Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
· Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed
· Be organised - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimise waste
· Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property
· Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
· Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
· Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping
· Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
· Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
· May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
· May have turndown duties
· May assist with other duties as assigned
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.