IHG relies heavily on its central Information Technology systems to enable and support its core sales and business processes; these systems, therefore, are critical to IHG’s business.
As widely publicised, business information, and the systems that process it, are increasingly becoming under threat from a number of actors including serious and organised crime, hacktivists, hostile governments, terrorists, single issue groups, insiders and those with general malicious intent. The type and volume of sensitive information held by IHG make it potentially attractive to these threat vectors.
The Incident Response Team (IRT) is the escalation point for security incidents from the Security Operations Center (SOC), Privacy Office, Hotel Owners, and directly from Corporate employees. The IRT also coordinates response efforts for cyber security incidents.
Supported by a Global network of incident response specialist this will be your opportunity to play a pivot role in our crutial team.
The role will be primarily involved in ensuring the integrity of IHG systems and the availability and confidentiality of IHG’s sensitive data thereby protecting IHG’s trusted brands and enabling Global Technology to conduct business responsibly.
Your day to day
· Process and analyse cyber threat data
· Contribute to mitigation strategies for identified threats
· Respond to threats within our corporate, corporate managed hotel (CMH), and franchise environments
· Represent the information security department with internal constituents
· Execute on incident response plans, identify root cause, and drive mitigations to prevent future occurrences
· Document incidents, track action items, and facilitate meetings
· Identify and execute on projects that improve our security and incident response capabilities
· Improve existing and create new response procedures for most common attack techniques
· Handle evidence in forensically sound manner, including providing chain of custody and secure transport and storage
What we need from you
Work related experience in intelligence duties preferablly in a global, complex matrix organisation
· Technical Skills and Knowledge
· Knowledge of intelligence processes
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to interpret large volumes of data.
· Ability to produce complex reports
· Effective verbal and written communication.
· Training skills.
· Knowledge of training design principles and practices.
· Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of the Service/Hospitality industry, hotel operations and systems.
· Competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
What we offer
You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute