Our sales and business development people are lucky enough to sell some of the world's most innovative IT solutions. They also get to interact with clients in a wide array of fields. To make sure you make the most of these opportunities, you'll benefit from some of the best training in the world to help you grow your career and gain exposure to international clients. The ability to articulate what IBM Power solutions deliver in terms that are relevant to the client is essential. You will work in an Agile team, rapidly assuming direct responsibility for maximizing existing and new business opportunities.
As a Power Sales Rep/Account manager you will be responsible for a defined Territory where you are expected to maintain IBM's high level of customer focus, while working with Business Partners to progress and enable technology and maintenance support services within this customer set.
· Through continuous personal development you will become a subject matter expert and act as an influencer and trusted advisor for your clients.
· Working closely with the IBM Power Business Partner network to leverage their skills and client interactions through to close.
· You are expected to have a social media presence to promote the brand, engage, interact and influence your clients.
· You are expected to find a resolution if you encounter an obstacle when progressing business and manage to resolution.
· You will need to have personal drive and ambition to make you stand out.
· You will need to build your network of contacts both within IBM and your client base, making yourself the go to person for your specific field.
· You will need to take personal interest in everything you do, putting your client first, being prepared to take on challenges, solve problems and work with your team to get things done.
· You must have demonstrated communication skills and be able to present complex concepts, designs and solutions, verbally and visibly.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Solution Representative-Brand Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Proven track record of 1-2 years sales, preferably in IT, as well as demonstrated account management.
· Demonstrated skills in sales pipeline progression and forecasting, using CRM systems.
· Social Media presence and can demonstrate how you use social media tools in your sales role.
· Demonstrated communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
· High level of energy, initiative and commitment is required to enable you to work in a fast moving and challenging environment.
· Show evidence of your professional development through courses, certification forums etc.
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 2 years IT sales experience preferred.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.