Discover what you can do at IBM.
Startups are exciting. That's why we've never stopped. For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet
from finance to telecommunications to scientific research. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
The IBM Systems team are design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We've changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone's ever done with data and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next-gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
We are seeking a driven, innovative, and energetic performance marketing leader, with a passion for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done. You are a multichannel marketing veteran and innovator and you know all the channels - digital, email, marketing automation, lead nurturing, paid media, SEO, events, print…you name it. So, let's talk about what you'll do. At IBM Systems, you'll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You'll be part of a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don't get to be 105 years old any other way.)
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
About Your Role
The Performance Strategist is the orchestrator, facilitator, and driver of global, integrated multi-channel marketing programs. This role provides vision and direction to a team of revenue marketers. You will specialize in developing integrated marketing programs across multiple channels such as events, digital, social, paid media, outbound email and nurture programs. In addition, you will lead a world-wide, cross-functional team who look to you for strategy, co-creation, and execution.
We want you to help us develop a platform for excellence utilizing best practices, the latest technology and tactics and help drive adoption and results across all geographies, while empowering Campaign Managers to create amazing campaigns to drive results.
· Translate go-to-market strategies from Product Marketing to create high-converting campaigns aligned with business objectives to deliver engagement, leads, pipeline, and revenue
· Design and manage the creation of compelling and personalized experiences based on audience insights using a relevant marketing mix and nurture tactics based on an understanding of client pain point and the solution the offering brings to these audiences.
· Identify and prioritize target audiences for campaigns, to tailor content, messaging, creative, and journey.
· Partner with Campaign Manager to activate and execute on your plan via channel tactics
· Rally cross-discipline team including content, digital, paid, social, and email around your programs to execute a fully integrated marketing effort
· Enable global execution of programs by partnering with regional marketing leads
· Collaborate with Content Strategist to design and implement an end-to-end content strategy addressing all stages of the buyer's journey
· Manage internal and external agency partners as the primary lead in the development and delivery of campaign plans, assets, tactics and event execution.
· Set priorities in implementation and development of campaigns that support the business and program objectives, integrating the right mix of demand generation tactics.
· Identify and create investment plan across all channels.
· Analyze campaign performance and ensure measurability across buyer journey. Set objectives / KPIs. Establish baseline. Share results and insights with key stakeholders always with an action plan in mind.
· Partner with Nurture Strategist to craft inbound strategies which attract and nurture the audience towards conversion, with a simple contact experience across all stages of the buyer journey by identifying sales' needs in converting leads and enhancing lead flow tactics.
· Collaborate with Partner Marketing to best enable the channel teams on marketing programs.
· Interlock with Sales to ensure they are receiving the highest quality leads & solicit feedback.
Marketing Success Skills
· Client-Centric: Continuously ensure the work you do focuses on your customer's needs, concerns and experiences.
· Analytical & Data Driven: Love data and use analytics to constantly measure and optimize campaign performance. Activate data scientists & analytics community to work on your behalf. Understand and link sales & marketing data.
· Agile: Focus on the customer or business value to develop solutions in a fast and iterative way, while being flexible, adaptive, and continuously improving. Teams are collaborative and self-directed.
· Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: The ability to use knowledge, facts, and data to react decisively and effectively in order to assess problems and find solutions.
· Strategic Thinking: Understand how both overall IBM Business and IBM Marketing strategies apply to Performance Strategy and the role you play in contributing to IBM's strategy.
· Strategic Planning: The ability to apply strategic thinking to define strategies, make decisions on allocating resources to pursue the strategy, and develop control mechanisms (for ex. needs assessment, budgets, communications etc.) for guiding the implementation of the strategy
· Determination & Drive: Does not feel constrained by any process and/or system limitations, but rather motivated to break down those barriers to resolve an issue.
· End-to-End Execution: Deep understanding of all components that lead to execution design, deploy, measure, optimize.
· Leadership & Management: The ability to determine business priorities, tie them back to the business, inspire others to be on board, and motivate people to do the work required, while helping to progress the day-to-day activities.
· Effective Communication : The ability to express thoughts, ideas, concepts, and proposals in order to influence, tell a narrative and/or prompt action of internal or external stakeholders
· Collaborative Influence: Ability to influence, motivate, and drive diamond teams and other constituents to alignment on shared goals and vision.
*Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 10+ years in B2B campaign management and/or demand generation with proven track record of driving pipeline and revenue
· Experience in marketing automation tools such as Silverpop, Marketo, Eloqua, and Hubspot
· Experience driving demand through digital channels as well as events, nurture campaigns, sales plays, list building, and tele-qualifying tactics
· Strong overall understanding of, and experience in, the key areas of marketing: product marketing, content marketing, marketing strategy, demand generation, digital marketing, response & lead management.
· Experience directing agencies and creative resources to develop high-converting campaigns to drive awareness and funnel performance
· Proven leadership experience of a diverse team of marketing, design, and technology practitioners.
· Demonstrated expertise in database marketing and segmentation for email marketing and an understanding of database health and how to nurture leads
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 5+ years preferred experience in technology hardware marketing with companies such as EMC, Dell, Hitachi, Lenovo, and Cisco.
Secondary Job Category
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an ambiguous environment.
· Self-starter who can balance complex strategic work with day-to-day execution and operations.
· Experience driving process in a highly matrixed global organization.
· Results-oriented with excellent analytical acumen.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to help guide and mentor other team members and interface professionally with other departments as a strategic partner
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.