An excellent opportunity has become available for a driven Laundry Attendant to join our Housekeeping team.
We are an international 5* hotel nestled on the picturesque gardens of Portman Square, just 100 meters north of Marble Arch and Oxford Street. Our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most.
About the role:
The Laundry Attendant ensures that all that guest clothes are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness, as assigned by the Head Valet and in accordance to Hyatt policies and procedures to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
· To report any complaints, accidents, equipment malfunction, maintenance faults, suspicious persons, safety hazards or other incidents immediately to Duty Manager.
· To understand and follow all the objectives, standards, policies and procedures outlined by the Executive Housekeeper.
· To ensure that strict control is carried out when receiving and returning work equipment.
· To be responsible for the worksheet assigned and ensure that all requests are correctly logged and dealt with efficiently.
· Any lost property found to be taken immediately to the Housekeeping Office to be recorded with all relevant information to ensure safe return to the owner.
· To ensure that all items received and issued from the valet are correctly logged in accordance with the standards outlined.
· To immediately inform the guest if there is any damage to their clothes BEFORE any cleaning or pressing is carried out.
· To put in handover book any incidents, issues or reporting of discrepancies of amount of clothing in bag to guest or any damage on the clothes before cleaning or pressing.
· To be responsible for the collection, sorting, delivery, recording and counting of soiled and clean laundry and dry cleaning.
· To ensure that all necessary records and paperwork is completed correctly and passed onto the following shift or relevant departments as soon as possible and prior to leaving the shift.