Some careers grow faster than others.
Do you want to work for one of the world's largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well HSBC offers just that. It's exciting times here and if you're looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to grow, innovate and deliver cutting edge software then join us. Whether you want a career to take you to the top or simply take you in a new direction, HSBC offers fantastic opportunities, support and rewards that will help grow your career.
Global IT enables HSBC to remain at the forefront of software development by delivering top quality, customised banking solutions across 50+ countries. Increasingly our digital products are becoming the first point of contact for over 40 million HSBC customers, allowing us to embrace a rapid rate of change, the adoption of new technologies and utilise agile delivery methods. We believe in creating fantastic products with exceptional customer experience, ones that seamlessly integrate into our customer's lives.
Digital IT sits within Global IT and has over 3000 staff globally and an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We're an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale. We offer an attractive reward package including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and health care with family cover. In addition to a pension with employer contributions of up to 17%.
We're looking for passionate, driven, team loving, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
Our Test Automation Engineers are champions for innovation and will be part of our Global Digital IT function, embedded in our cross functional agile teams. You will be working alongside Front End Engineers, Product Owners and Agile Coaches with the objective of ensuring every deployment and feature is smooth, bug free and shippable.
As a Test Automation Engineer you will:
· Have recent test automation experience testing mobile and web application software
· Execute test strategies that are robust, reusable and scalable
· Have strong experience conducting system, integration and acceptance testing, s, delivering quality driven applications in line with test strategies
· Be responsible for creating detailed test artefacts such as test plans, test specifications, automated tests, defect tickets and reports
· Work with both your team and other cross functional teams to plan and execute tests using the latest UI/Mobile test automation technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently for millions of HSBC customers
We expect the successful candidate to have demonstrable experience and expertise in the following:
· Automation and manual test experience across the multitude of Windows and Mac browsers and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows)
· Based on business and technical requirements the ability to write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation
· Solid and demonstrable experience in lean software delivery and the principles of BDD and TDD
· Test automation experience using Cucumber/Ruby, Robot, WebDriver, Selenium
· Experience of at least one of Browser Stack, Sauce Labs, Appium, Calabash, TestCloud or other Cloud Service Testing Framework
Tools / Methodologies
· CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
· DevOps processes and experience
· Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
· Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
· Have experience delivering to industry accessibility standards and usability principles
· Be an approachable and supportive team member with a collaborative attitude within a demanding, fun, fast paced Agile environment
· Influence and champion new ideas and methods
· Great communication - convey your thoughts, ideas and opinions clearly and concisely face-to-face or virtually to all levels up and down stream
· And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you
· Regularly demonstrate these qualities - drive, motivation, determination, dedication, resiliency, honesty and enthusiasm
· Be culturally aware and sensitive
· Be flexible under pressure
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with non-technical people
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.