Description de l'offre
Role Title: Test Analyst
New or Existing Role? New
· The Test Analyst role is responsible for testing changes and enhancements to business processes to ensure that these changes have the desired effect intended by the development and business teams. The Test Analyst's role is to understand the nature of the change, analyse this, and identify what needs to be tested and support Business teams carry out the tests and document the results. Changes may range from a simple fix to the introduction of major new operating models and platforms
· The Test Analyst adheres to standards for testing and the subsequent release into production and ensures that testing and operational documentation is fully completed. This responsibility ensures that the Test Analyst has extensive liaison and communication with development and business teams throughout the development and delivery lifecycle.
Impact on Business
· Apply specialist expertise to undertake the day to day responsibilities of the testing process, organize and participate in the review and analysis of appropriate documentation.
· Consult with user groups to determine testing needs and to ensure smooth project implementations.
· Work with the Test Manager to ensure the correct testing strategy is implemented depending on individual projects needs and requirements
· Promote the use and benefits of automated testing
· Undertake the execution of the test strategy following consultation with business and development teams
· Validate test scripts in cooperation with business users and development teams and ensure appropriate sign off is secured
· Participate in ‘risk based' testing assessments with business users
· Contribute to the definition of requirements for test environments
· Contribute to ensuring that the delivery of systems to the live environment meet the agreed quality expectations
· Ensure that any issues or risks are addressed in an appropriate manner, escalating them as required
· Assist in coordinating hand over of testing to business users
· Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
Customer segment & location
· The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
· Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
· Dependable do the right thing
· Open to different ideas and cultures
· Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
· This is a role required to support the EVO Programme which is a UK Transfer Agency model and service. It is desirable for the candidate to have Transfer Agency experience, due to the complexity of this programme.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Typically educated to an undergraduate degree level. The degree should be in computer science or a related field, or the Test Analyst should have equivalent experience.
· Additional knowledge & experience:
· Have good knowledge of the project and test lifecycle
· Understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements
· Strong analytical skills and an ability to find logical solutions to problems and manage to resolution
· Substantial experience of functional testing
· Good working knowledge of functional test automation and test management tools and practices, in particular Mercury Quality Centre and Quick Test Professional
· Ability to work with remote teams
· Fund Accounting
· Data Warehousing.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.