Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HDS sits within Global IT and has over 3000 staff globally and an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We're an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Solutions Architect
In this role, you will:
· Manage and govern HSBC's Digital service offerings acting as the liaison between the all stakeholders responsible for delivery of Digital solutions using Agile methods
· Partner with HSBC's business and developers in ensuring the possibilities afforded by the emergence of Cloud offerings are understood
· Advise on technical best practice for Digital solutions from software selection through to technical architectures and implementation processes
· Identify & evaluate 3rd party products (e.g. archiving, encryption, access management) which help fill gaps within the service offering
· Advise on design and development throughout iterations of deliery from a technical perspective
· Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use in designing the solution
· Document best practices, guidelines, and training information
· Provide thought leadership and practical experience in the design and testing of the Digital solutions
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Have a good understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at velocity to derive innovative technical solutions that balance political pressure projects have for delivery against strategic adherence. Experience with Java, User Experience, Responsive design, API adoption, Cloud product solutions.
· Able to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience. Able to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
· Have a strong infrastructure background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration. Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
· UI - Solid awareness of cross-browser/device “responsive” development. Standards compliant HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap whilst having strong experience delivering to AAA accessibility standards and usability principles
· UI - Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies including jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
· Service architecture - Experience of API and service based architectures using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
· Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including: MongoDB, in-memory databases and caching solutions adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions
· CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
· Cloud - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS – OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure
· Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
· High availability and contingency solutions
· Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Branch and Contact Centre technologies (i.e. branch video, ATMs, chat).
· Logical and Physical Data modelling; Data Dictionaries
· Enterprise Application integration
· Cluster and parallel compute architectures
· Programming in Java/ Java GUI, XML/ XSLT, HTML/ Java Script
· Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
· End to end agile infrastructure architecture across all layers
· Passion for technology & understanding how things work
The base location for this role is Southwark Street, London
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.