Role Title: Sales and Business Development, Bank and Broker Dealer Sector
New or Existing Role? New
· To support the Sales and Business Development efforts of the EMEA team in selling our Asian, Middle East, Europe and Latin America sub-custody and clearing products to global custodians, broker dealers, fund management company, banks, government entities, various types of financial institutions, etc. To develop and provide proactive management of account relationships with existing clients and potential clients across 36 direct custody and clearing operations covering 16 Group entities. To protect and develop our custody business through innovative pricing and maximize revenue opportunities.
· The job holder is responsible for the following accountabilities for TOP TIER strategically important clients worldwide in terms of revenue generation, assets under custody, market reputation and complexity of service requirements.
· Achieve sales targets & maximizing profitability by consulting and analyzing clients' business needs, offering solutions, accompanying client for due diligence visits, managing sales matrix and expanding regional DCC relationship through direct negotiation/client calls/client presentation. This involves working closely with FIG, GLCM and GM.
· Retain existing business and maximizing profitability through client relationship management (problem solving, fee negotiations, accounts administration, documentation, due diligence visits with clients, legal agreements negotiation and review, delivering and explaining regional market information, etc.), liaising directly with 40 markets and the wider HSS support teams to resolve client problems/complaints. Work in coordination with other B&BD centres, FIG, GLCM and GM for any global client requirements.
· Review RFPs/DDQs/RFIs/OMs, etc within strict time deadlines by working closely with the Client Implementation Management Team and with GLCM, FIG, GM, etc to ensure that the client receives a document which conveys of our capabilities and strengths in the region.
· Embrace changes to enhance work efficiency, productivity, and business profitability by initiating, managing and coordinating regional and functional projects, liaising with different internal and external parties to ensure the completion of the project to be timely delivered and achieve the goals.
· Enhance the Group's image as the No. 1 Custodian in the markets we operate by providing quality service to clients, suggestions for best practice across 36 DCC centres, and by participating in industry conferences and seminars to promote the image.
· Support product, market, and system development initiatives by providing qualitative and quantitative market intelligence on our clients' expectation and requirement in individual markets, participating in developing and launching new products and markets.
· Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
· Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Be aware of the Operational Risks scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
· Drive outsourcing conversations for Broker Dealer clients by providing technical expertise and an understanding of individual client requirements.
· Champion development and thought leadership by being connected with the HSS DCC markets & market participants, actively participate in projects and working groups.