The regional analytics hub will be supporting all countries within HBEU for analytics. To achieve MFG strategy for emerging markets within European region, appropriate credit and risk infrastructure must be in place. Without a suitable credit infrastructure there is potential for significant increases in bad debt and operational inefficiencies caused by limited amount of data available and the management of a variety of different portfolios with diverse background and cultures.
The development of analytical techniques for risk management purposes is highly technical and requires a deep knowledge and understanding of statistics. In addition to this, an understanding of the Banks' many underlying systems, combined with a high level of risk expertise is of utmost importance. Also, constant evolution of analytical techniques used is necessary to keep pace with the dynamic changes in the market. As understanding of these areas is relatively low within the organization it is necessary to lead much of the debate on the business, the development and implementation of these solutions. Furthermore, technologies are constantly evolving and it is a challenge to stay at the forefront of industry development.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Risk Analyst.
In this role, you will:
· Develop and/or implement data driven solutions to assist HBEU RBWM businesses in achieving profit and growth targets (AOP)
· Contribute to creating solutions that minimise risk and bad debt and to the delivery of the bad debt plan
· Provide support and expert advice to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies/models, acting as an ambassador of risk analytics
· Produce or use monitoring / MI to assess the impact and performance of risk decisions / models and deliver accurate, logical and insightful commentary alongside the MI
· Define and deliver a variety of analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
· Ensure, through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews, that solutions devised from projects are implemented accurately and with the associated benefits being manifested
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Graduate with a numerate degree or similar
· An analytical thought process
· Experience in SAS would be ideal but not essential
· Experience in a Risk Analytics environment would be ideal but not essential
· Excellent quantitative analysis skills
· Use of analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language and financial impacts
· Ability to manage own time and own tasks within a project, prioritising where necessary and escalating issues appropriately
· Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
· Ability to present complex concepts and results in a way tailored to the audience in a persuasive and compelling way
· Ability to make recommendations based on analytic results
The base location for this role is Sheffield. Candidates interested in working in our Chester or Leeds offices will also be considered.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.