If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The regional analytics hub will be supporting all countries within HBEU for analytics. To achieve MFG strategy for emerging markets within European region, appropriate credit and risk infrastructure must be in place. Without a suitable credit infrastructure there is potential for significant increases in bad debt and operational inefficiencies caused by limited amount of data available and the management of a variety of different portfolios with diverse background and cultures.
The development of analytical techniques for risk management purposes is highly technical and requires a deep knowledge and understanding of statistics. In addition to this, an understanding of the Banks' many underlying systems, combined with a high level of risk expertise is of utmost importance. Also, constant evolution of analytical techniques used is necessary to keep pace with the dynamic changes in the market. As understanding of these areas is relatively low within the organization it is necessary to lead much of the debate on the business, the development and implementation of these solutions. Furthermore, technologies are constantly evolving and it is a challenge to stay at the forefront of industry development.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Risk Analyst.
In this role, you will:
· Develop and/or implement data driven solutions to assist HBEU RBWM businesses in achieving profit and growth targets (AOP)
· Contribute to creating solutions that minimise risk and bad debt and to the delivery of the bad debt plan
· Provide support and expert advice to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies/models, acting as an ambassador of risk analytics
· Produce or use monitoring / MI to assess the impact and performance of risk decisions / models and deliver accurate, logical and insightful commentary alongside the MI
· Define and deliver a variety of analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
· Ensure, through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews, that solutions devised from projects are implemented accurately and with the associated benefits being manifested