The role of the Premier Direct Associate is a client facing role managing our highest value clients where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with Premier clients, working with the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan (as defined by Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM)).
This will be achieved by active management of a portfolio of Premier clients, acquiring new HSBC clients and upgrading existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. It will also entail reviewing the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients' needs and embed client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
In order to deliver the business objectives you will need to refer non-qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality.
In delivering the business objectives you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC Group, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team. Creating and maintaining an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximise performance in achieving the RBWM business objectives.
You will be accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Support the achievement of Country Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
· Achieve agreed Key Performance Indicator objectives by development of existing and new relationships
· Build effective relationships with clients to retain and develop sustainable relationships
· Complete regular reviews with clients to understand their current and long term needs and advice them on the products and services that help them achieve their goals
· Effective use of tools and information to drive client service delivery and RBWM performance
· Maintain a minimum standard of qualifying Premier clients within portfolio as stated by Group
· Build a high personal and corporate profile in the community in which you are based. Develop network of Group and External professional contacts with the aim of introducing new business, enhancing technical knowledge and promoting the brand
· Monitor and act on daily sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach the wider Branch team in support of business goals
· Establish and agree client contact strategies in line with Group operating models
· Fully utilise and input to Client Relationship Management data, ensuring all client information is complete and kept up to date
· Own the client relationship with HSBC
· Maintain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services available from Group sources and elsewhere in order to provide the best solutions for clients and maximise revenues for Global Wealth and the Group
· Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the team and with individual portfolio - Ongoing analysis of client portfolios through marketing of ideas and researching clients
· Monitor client satisfaction data implementing portfolio level improvements
· Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by delivering differentiated products and services to the client
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
· To work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
· Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role
· Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan to support the multi channel client journey
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
· Ensuring that sales and operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc Functional Instruction Manual (FIM), Business Instruction Manual (BIM) and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
· Agree and manage lending facilities within any agreed Approval Authority (RAA)
· Manage operational risk, by using relevant Management Information to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss
· Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements