HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market. For almost 40 years, our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Personal Banker:
The start of your journey in your new role with HSBC will provide you with a blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of on-line & practical training as well as having the opportunity to develop your new skills in HSBC‘s model branch.
We're looking for people with personality, drive, and ambition, to join our teams.
In this role, you will:
· Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering an exceptional customer experience through identifying and fulfilling all customer needs at first point of contact.
· Demonstrate sound understanding of the bank's products and services; articulating these to your customer in an engaging and confident manner.
· Operate within a customer facing capacity in branch, generating revenue growth by meeting and exceeding customer needs; maximising opportunities across all customer segments.
· Deliver our multi-channel proposition by providing service excellence, educating your customers around the best solutions to meet their needs
· Effectively question and listen to your customers to enable you to fully understand both new & existing customer's financial circumstances and needs.
· Proactively drive referrals to both Premier and Wealth colleagues and Branch Specialists to ensure that the customer is provided with the best possible advice.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's full range of products & services to enable you to connect your customers with other colleagues who can support their entire life journey.
· Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider branch team.
· Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
· Be proactive in building & developing a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins.
· Understand & continue to develop your knowledge of operational risk, legal & regulatory requirements & operating procedures & practises.
· Treat customers fairly at the heart of all that you do.
In addition to a competitive salary of this role, when you join our team, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
· Generous time off program
· Ongoing learning and development
· Personal wellness account to purchase health and fitness goods and services to suit individual needs
· Generous health and dental benefit insurance
· Employee discount banking advantages
· Future international career opportunities
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our branch network.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and start your journey.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Have a passion for continuously delivering a superior customer experience.
· Pride yourself on consistently delivering a personalized, friendly & efficient service at all times.
· Demonstrate strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations with customers & to build strong professional rapport.
· Be able to demonstrate your ability to understand a customer's requirements through effective fact finds
· Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
· Understands / Speaks Cantonese and Mandarin.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.