The Operations Controller – GSC FCC role is based within Receivables Finance UK, Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF), Commercial Banking (CMB).
The role of the Operations Controller – GSC Commercial Banking (FCC) is to ensure global standards such as data protection and financial crime checks are consistent with UK and wider bank practices
Some of the responsibilities will include:
· Working closely with the Quality Assurance Managers to ensure any updates to procedures around FCC control points are communicated clearly to the GSC team.
· Providing feedback and coaching on quality issues to appropriate GSC staff.
· Reviewing GSC processes in order to identify and implement efficiency gains.
· Regular communication including chairing monthly meetings with offshore assistant managers (AMOs) discussing common issues, and site performance.
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Managing and coordinating the daily workflow of the client operations team in a timely and effective manner enabling key deadlines to be met successfully each day.
· This role is a support role for the Operations teams and the Operations Team Managers to assist the area to meet & exceed financial, service risk and people targets.
· The jobholder is a point of escalation for more complex queries and issues for tasks completed in Operations area.
· The jobholder will be expected to motivate and coach less experienced members of the Team imparting their knowledge to maintain & improve quality of service within the Team.
· The jobholder will be viewed as a process expert. He will act as a point of referral for escalated or more complex queries.
· This role underpins the success of HSBC Invoice Finance’s collection activity. Successful account reconciliation allows Sales Ledger Manager’s to concentrate on collecting outstanding debts with confidence thereby mitigating risk.
The Operations area contains a wide range of tasks across three main processing teams. A key challenge is to ensure internal & external customer expectations are met, exceeded through robust checks and controls around; productivity, Quality, SLAs, risk and people objectives.
Whilst SLAs are in place for different processes, tasks inbound post and work streams do vary. Therefore a key challenge is to ensure the Teams maintain productivity & quality targets during periods of high workload. The area is a feeder area for the rest of the business so there is a constant turnover of staff and a permanent struggle to maintain the required level of cross trained and experienced people.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting Team Manager with maintaining staffing levels appropriate to work volumes within agreed budgets, to meet the service needs of the department
· Assisting team in process re-engineering to drive efficiency and sustainable cost savings
· Communicating effectively with the team, the wider business and external customers including promotion of the team to wider business.
· Considering the FCA’s principle of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do.
· Supporting team in meeting, exceeding set quality scores
· Mentoring and caching all members of the team.
· Supporting Client operations TMs by delivering a small number of monthly 1:1s to team members as predetermined by Team Manager.
· Developing effective relationships and encourage staff participation, involvement.
· Actively driving own development. Seek opportunities to grow and develop own knowledge that results in an improved contribution.
· Supporting the team manager in controlling the daily processing activity in order to meet team SLAs.
· To accurately action, authorise additional work i.e. query cheques, copy cheque requests, Currency Conversions, Refund Authorisations, Invoice item transfers and ID in house transfers.
· Assisting Team Managers to ensure robust controls are in place to maintain HSBC internal control standards.