Description de l'offre
The Operations Controller role is based within Receivables Finance UK, Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF), Commercial Banking (CMB). The role of the Operations Controller – GSC Commercial Banking (FCC) is to ensure global standards such as data protection and financial crime checks are consistent with UK and wider bank practices
Your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting Team Manager with maintaining staffing levels appropriate to work volumes within agreed budgets, to meet the service needs of the department
· Assisting team in process re-engineering to drive efficiency and sustainable cost savings
· Communicating effectively with the team, the wider business and external customers including promotion of the team to wider business.
· Considering the FCA's principle of ‘Treating Customers Fairly' (TCF) ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do.
· Supporting team in meeting, exceeding set quality scores
· Mentoring and caching all members of the team.
· Supporting Client operations TMs by delivering a small number of monthly 1:1s to team members as predetermined by Team Manager.
· Developing effective relationships and encourage staff participation, involvement.
· Actively driving own development. Seek opportunities to grow and develop own knowledge that results in an improved contribution.
· Supporting the team manager in controlling the daily processing activity in order to meet team SLAs.
· To accurately action, authorise additional work i.e. query cheques, copy cheque requests, Currency Conversions, Refund Authorisations, Invoice item transfers and ID in house transfers.
· Assisting Team Managers to ensure robust controls are in place to maintain HSBC internal control standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Previous experience of delivering an excellent customer service
· Ability to satisfactorily deal with more complex queries and giving feedback where required
· Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
· Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
· Experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy
The base location for this role is 21 Farncombe Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 2BW
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: MS Office, Access, Internet Browsers, IT knowledge