Network Engineer , IT Operations
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Network Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· The delivery of high quality GB/GF driven IT projects, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of service provided, whilst ensuring that all delivery is in line with agreed global standards.
· To support and maintain full functionality of equipment and applications provided.
· To meet quality targets as assigned by IT Operations Management for Change, Service Levels and Problem Resolution times.
· Identify and improve efficiency and potential improvements of the network environment.
· Participate in the testing/piloting of new services/hardware.
· Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity
· Work closely with business and IT stakeholders to design, deliver and operate Telecommunications business services that utilise appropriate infrastructure technology solutions such that they are efficient, cost optimal and highly resilient.
· Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered Telecommunication services
· Business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities
· Understand a DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline, and build automated test scripts (for infrastructure products and upgrades), and build automation interfaces between systems