New or Existing Role? New
· To assist the Life Fund Accounting Team ensuring that all accounting data required by Life Company clients is provided within agreed service levels and to a high standard of accuracy. The data provided is essential to clients with regard to the completion of statutory accounts and regulatory returns.
Impact on Business
· The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
o Dependable and do the right thing
o Open to different ideas and cultures
o Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
· Ensure that all client reports are delivered on time and to the standards set out in the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. This will include General Ledger, Valuation and Supplementary reporting as well as Solvency II and Annuity Cash Flow reporting.
· Assist in the oversight of an efficient monthly control process, focused on ensuring that all data is captured, checked and where appropriate fully reconciled to the investment accounting system. This process should be supported by checklists and sign-offs and fully detailed in operational procedure.
· Assist in ensuring an efficient governance model is in operation overseeing the monthly controls process within our GSC’s. Agree monthly internal KPI measures and ensure a smooth governance relationship with our offshore centres. Visits to the offshore sites in India and Sri Lanka are a requirement.
· Maintain an excellent and open relationship with key client contacts as well as other internal and external stakeholders. Act as a point of contact responding to enquiries in a swift and accurate manner as well as meeting to discuss changes to reporting requirements. Attendance at client meetings at various sites across the UK is a requirement of the role.
· Maintain accurate and up to date procedure notes. Ensure that controls and procedures are in line with FIM regulations and that all key controls are accurately captured, monitored and reported.
· Ensure any changes or enhancements to the systems in use within the team are implemented in line with company change management procedures. Ensure that client requirements are fully understood, built in line with those requirements and fully tested prior to live delivery. Attend Change project meetings and workshops as and when required to facilitate a smooth transition from each element of the project into live delivery.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· General Education:
o Degree level
o Accountancy qualification – ACCA/CA
· Special Qualifications:
o Investment industry relevant exams
o Advanced PC skills are essential.
o Excellent inter-personnel and problem solving skills.
· Extensive knowledge of investment operations (Front, Middle and Back office processes)
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.