Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
UK Operations provides operational processes to support the Global Businesses and delivery to their customers and we employ around 5,000 employees across the UK and in our global service centres. UK Operations comprises five functions: Consumer Operations, Wholesale Operations, Operational Services, Payment Operations and Financial Crime Risk Operations which collectively deliver operational processes for our Global Businesses.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of IT Infrastructure Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading in building and running enterprise services that enable DevOps.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
· Provide Enterprise Services, including platform services (mainframes, UNIX and Linux servers, iSeries (Mid-range), Windows and storage) for securely storing/analysing data as well as Developer Services which enable faster delivery of highly standardised platform services, for example, Virtualisation, ALM, Dev Engineering, GSDE, and Cloud.
· Setup automation Team(s) to take out waste
· Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity
· Develop Cloud based infrastructure platforms and deliver infrastructure, platform etc. “as a Service” by working with Business & other DevOps teams
· Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under Enterprise Services responsibility
· Risk and Cost Management
· Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered platform services
· Business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities
· Write development code, understand a DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline, and build automated test scripts (for infrastructure products and upgrades), and build automation interfaces between systems
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Past working experience in a virtualisation / scripting / automation role
· A deep technical understanding of Virtualisation and Cloud
· Relevant product knowledge of storage technologies (EMC / NetApp)
· Relevant product knowledge of Cloud computing services such as AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform etc.
· Infrastructure as Code and automation/orchestration technologies, such as Puppet / Chef / Ansible Tower / Jenkins
· Experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery software engineering approaches
· Experience in Ruby, Python, Golang and/or Java programming languages
· Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.8 +
· Understanding of networking concepts (SDN an advantage)
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Virtualisation and cloud in a similar function is desirable but not essential
· Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. IT in finance, virtualisation and cloud engineering is desirable but not essential
· Experience in Agile methodologies and DevOps practices is desirable but not essential
· Role relevant qualifications, i.e.VMware, CCNA, cloud related is desirable but not essential
· A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
· Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
· Experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy
· Willingness to undertake the training / study required in this role for new products and services
· Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Ad Hoc as needed globally
· Knowledge of some or all the following VMware products…
· vSphere 5.5 / 6
The base location for this role is Barnsley.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.