IT Infrastructure Engineer , HOST Operations
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
UK Operations provides operational processes to support the Global Businesses and delivery to their customers and we employ around 5,000 employees across the UK and in our global service centres. UK Operations comprises five functions: Consumer Operations, Wholesale Operations, Operational Services, Payment Operations and Financial Crime Risk Operations which collectively deliver operational processes for our Global Businesses.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of IT Infrastructure Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading in building and running enterprise services that enable DevOps.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
· Provide Enterprise Services, including platform services (mainframes, UNIX and Linux servers, iSeries (Mid-range), Windows and storage) for securely storing/analysing data as well as Developer Services which enable faster delivery of highly standardised platform services, for example, Virtualisation, ALM, Dev Engineering, GSDE, and Cloud.
· Setup automation Team(s) to take out waste
· Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity
· Develop Cloud based infrastructure platforms and deliver infrastructure, platform etc. “as a Service” by working with Business & other DevOps teams
· Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under Enterprise Services responsibility
· Risk and Cost Management
· Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered platform services
· Business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities
· Write development code, understand a DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline, and build automated test scripts (for infrastructure products and upgrades), and build automation interfaces between systems