IT Engineer – Unix / Linux, Digital Solutions
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of IT Engineer – Unix / Linux.
IT engineering role holders have technical, domain level and specialist skills to ensure that all the engineering services are operated, maintained and constantly upgraded as technology advances. There are multiple services, products and technologies within the scope of the role. Including, but not limited to, configuration design; implementation of new builds; making changes to existing configurations and troubleshooting.
In this role, you will:
· Be part of a global team, working with colleagues in UK, Hong Kong, Canada, India, Poland and China, who are collectively responsible for end to end delivery of infrastructure to support high profile digital projects. Our ‘end to end' delivery remit means ample opportunity for people to broaden their skills or cross train between technologies and products with with freedom to deliver with minimal handoff between teams
· Build, support and maintain development and production Unix / Linux infrastructure supporting the digital business line throughout the entire project lifecycle.
· Participate in the design of effective Unix / Linux configurations to support digital projects
· Provide guidance and support to colleagues within the team and to the wider digital IT community.
· Provide SME leadership in support of digital projects and deliverables
· Learn new technologies as they relate to the Unix / Linux domain and the digital line of business, for example Splunk, HSM and cloud technologies.