Description de l'offre
first direct - IT Engineer (Mobile iOS)
first direct is banking's best kept secret. We're a bank that absolutely has its customers at its heart – which is demonstrated through the amazing numbers of awards we win for customer service, not just in the banking sector but across all sectors. We were the UK's first phone bank and now we're fantastic digital business, powered by amazing humans.
And we only want to make that better. We have ambitious plans to make the most of our current market position to really grow the first direct business. To do this we're investing in building a best in class IT team. first direct IT work really closely with other business teams to ensure we create the right solutions for both the business and the customer and to support our strategic plans.
first direct is a member of the HSBC group and is one of the major contributors of profit to the Retail Banking & Wealth Management businesses (that's everyday banking and investments to you and me). Retail banking services over 50 million customers globally and offers a whole range of banking products and services.
HSBC's vision is to ‘Build banking's leading technology company' and first direct wants to lead the way.
The role of the Engineer (Mobile - iOS) will work in a cross functional agile team at first direct, developing and testing code to support first direct's native iOS app.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Use the latest technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
· Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions
· Participate in engineering discipline, best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
· Expertise in developing native iOS applications using Swift 4, Xcode, CocoaPods
· Experience of working in an Agile environment - Scrum or Kanban
· Skilled in the use of Agile tooling, such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
· An ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies in order to develop Full Stack engineering capabilities
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
· Understands of the principles of DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
· Knowledge and experience of in DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub and Nexus
· Experience of consuming REST APIs / JSON
The base location of this role will be first direct 's offices in Stourton, Leeds.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.