Development Engineer (Technical Author) , HOST Operations
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
UK Operations provides operational processes to support the Global Businesses and delivery to their customers and we employ around 5,000 employees across the UK and in our global service centres. UK Operations comprises five functions: Consumer Operations, Wholesale Operations, Operational Services, Payment Operations and Financial Crime Risk Operations which collectively deliver operational processes for our Global Businesses.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Development Engineer (Technical Author).
In this role you will:
· Work with internal teams to obtain an understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
· Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
· Create and maintain the information architecture
· Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
· Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
· Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
· A concern for verbal consistency and an appreciation of tone and style
· An enquiring mind with attention to detail
· An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the reader's knowledge gaps
· editorial judgment
· Accuracy and a methodical approach to work
· The ability to work to tight schedules
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· The ability to express instructions clearly and briefly in simple English
· Strong documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, to gather information from and for people
· The ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
· A good understanding of presentation packages and other communication