The Support Associate role is based within Commercial Banking (CMB) Real Estate.
The role of the Support Associate is responsible for ensuring accurate collation of client data and input of that data into the Tool. The role will liaise with Relationship Managers (RMs) to analyse and understand client and asset risks within their portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
Impact on the Business:
· Enable high quality risk assessment to be undertaken and for the data to be analysed by client, asset class, property location, lease terms, tenant etc.
· Enable high quality and accurate Management Information (MI) to be produced, based on accurate input of source data.
· Allow the Real Estate Relationship Managers (RERMs) to spend a greater proportion of time with clients
· Liaise and work with other areas and segments of the bank to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for clients, employees and the Bank.
· Ensure the consistent application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
Customers - Stakeholders:
· Support the Real Estate Management team in the capture and maintenance of accurate, high quality data in respect of clients, property, tenants and lease terms.
· Contribute to the development of mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
· Ensure the Banks complaint handling process is sensitively adopted at all times
· Act as an ambassador for the Commercial Banking (CMB) Real Estate interacting when required to executives in other HSBC Group offices.
· Provide Relationship Managers (RMs) with RERT output to assist the client renewal application process.
Leadership & Teamwork:
· Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
· Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
· Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
· Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together
· Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
· Continuously monitor operational risk, gather information from internal and external industry and market environment sources to assess potential impacts and identify risks, necessary changes and business opportunities
· Apply Real Estate and Group Compliance policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance