The GCB7 Customer Credit Associate role is based within HSBC's Invoice Finance team (HIF). The role of the Customer Credit Associate is to assess credit limit requests from extant HIF clients. You'll balance risk and reward by maximizing the Credit Protection Element (CPE) income and minimising bad debts. The Customer Credit Associate utilises credit tools to deliver internal and external client satisfaction. In this role you will deliver excellent service, making credit limit decisions in response to clients, communicating the rationale for decisions made with clarity and confidence. In practical terms, you'll conduct Unapproved Reviews, Downgrade and Late Filing Reports, CPE Conversions, Requirements Checks (e.g. unused limits) and related administration to manage HIF's risk and credit exposures.
Your Responsibilities will include:
· Providing an excellent service for new and existing clients
· Judgemental credit analysis
· Reporting on activities, findings and decisions
· Communicating with clients orally and in writing
· Controlling risk whilst maximising reward
Ideal candidate profile
· Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Invoice Finance
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer Service
· Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
· Worked collaboratively with others colleagues, supporting them when possible
· Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
· The ability to understand and interpret straightforward financial data
The base location for this role is Worthing or Birmingham.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.