The role of the Credit Risk Analyst is based within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Retail Credit Risk.
The role of the Credit Risk Analyst is to drive improvements in the performance of the UK unsecured portfolios (credit cards, loans, and overdrafts) and manage credit risk. This will be achieved through analysing, and interpreting data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. You will be expected to work to a plan and results must be provided in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to clearly communicate progress and issues to stakeholders, and to formulate conclusions / communicate the impacts of your work.
The jobholder is expected to work independently managing multiple stakeholders across the organization, business areas such as Customer Value Management, Finance and Regional Risk Analytics.
An element of the work involves supporting projects either driven from within Credit or from our external partners ensuring the projects have considered Credit implications and deliver an outcome with sustainable and appropriate level of returns. Full training and support will be on offer.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Work on a range of analytical projects with training and guidance
· Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle
· Provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
· Provide support to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies
· Control, review, monitor and manage aspects of Credit risk
· Ensure that the losses experienced by the portfolios are controlled and predictable in line with business expectations
· Ensure that the portfolio strategies and processes are compliant with the appropriate regulations and regulator guidance
· Support the delivery and implementation of RBWM initiatives by providing input on both the Credit requirements and the impacts of proposed changes. Projects will mostly focus on credit risk but, may, from time to time extend to other areas of risk within RBWM
· Continually consider the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA's) principle of ‘Treating Customers Fairly' (TCF)
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with UK business teams